Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

beamMe wrote: View Post
Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
Go and see it, if you aren't a fan you'll find it perfectly entertaining but if you are a Star Trek fan you may just find yourself sat there getting increasingly angry at the arrogance of JJ Abrams who assumes he can reimagine a particular piece of Star Trek folklore and make it better.
As a Trek-fan I found this movie perfectly entertaining.

Oh, I guess that means I'm not a real fan, right?

If you'd read what I wrote instead of getting your knickers in a twist, you'll see I wrote - 'you may find yourself sat there getting increasingly angry.'

'May' is subjective, I can't tell you what you are, don't you know yourself?

What do you make of those fans who not only find this film perfectly entertaining but also don't see any arrogance in Abrams ability to make such good movies.
If that's the opinion they hold then that's fine. Why would I see it any other way,
Because you do.

You see arrogance where I just see a desire to make a very good and entertaining film.
beamMe, the "guess I'm not a real fan" response was unnecessary—that's bait you didn't need to take. Deck 1 - Bridge, you could also have let it drop, and yet didn't.

Now, I don't need to see this sort of thing going on here, and neither does anyone else. Knock it off - both of you.

Edited to add:

Tiberius wrote: View Post
If you'd paid attention you'd have noticed that...
Why "If you'd paid attention," when "Yes, but remember that... " would have worked just as well?

Tiberius wrote: View Post
Again you weren't paying attention.
Again, unnecessary - just rebut the content without making a point of throwing it in the person's face.

Last edited by M'Sharak; May 10 2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: editing to edit
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote