View Single Post
Old May 9 2013, 11:16 PM   #413
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Defiance Thread - News about the Show and Game

I followed the link, the "town" didn't look much larger than my university campus, which is a minute fraction of the town I live, and the town I live in is tiny compared to a real city.

okay serious question.

How many citizens mobilized for the defence?

If a thousand people showed up to defend that gorge, and only 41 people died, then a the volge have worse aim than Imperial Storm troopers, if they didn't hit the other 959 assholes drawing fire from their heavy weapons, and b 5000 other people were too cowardly to turn up, or straight out abandoned Defiance? But if a hundred citizens of Defiance showed up to defend the gorge, almost half of them dying seems about right, but they're sacrificing their lives so that over 5 thousand 900 asshats back home can whore it up and play cards ignoring the invasion?

Logically because of the pilot, it's a small town. They need to actively contradict that on screen by showing a town meeting where three thousand people show up (cgimapping), or say that 4 thousand of them fought the Volge... The real world set they are using is just one street, and frankly I was beginning to think that the town was one street.

Meanwhile in those pictures of the town that were linked, I thought those blurry shadows might be people, but then I decided that they were trees.

Arbour Day must be really big in the future.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote