View Single Post
Old May 9 2013, 10:31 PM   #30
horatio83
Commodore

Re: Dukat and other thoughts while ending Season 5

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
I just started Season 6 of DS9 and I just have to say I'm really disgusted by what Dukat did. Why bother having all of those episodes showing he "changed" when obviously he just goes back to his old self? I have to admit I love the power struggle between himself and the Dominion leader on the station, someone to take him down a peg. But, I am really upset that they bothered doing all of that character development with his daughter and him being cast out from his family, etc. only to have him go back to being his arrogant self who doesn't care about anyone. I understand it's supposed to surprise you and I guess it's one of those things where when you have nothing, you've got nothing to lose...but still.
DS9 did in the end ruin rich and complex characters like Dukat and Winn. But well, even Picard went down the drain when Stewart direly wanted to drive a buggy.