View Single Post
Old May 9 2013, 05:17 PM   #140
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Finale discussion thread (spoilerifictitle insided) *SPOILERS WITH

StCoop wrote: View Post
Psion wrote: View Post
Is it possible this is part of an official disinformation campaign?
They haven't got the time to make the series on a regular basis but have the time for this? And why bother. It's hardly a topic that's got the nation gripped. It's one or two fans who desperate for attention or who think they're getting one over on people.

The thing is though, while those photos may be faked, every bit of official information about the episode (particularly the DWM preview) supports the original leaked synopsis. (All the extra stuff that other people are claiming is in the episode, not so much.)
Disinformation just isn't that hard. There are no actors, directors, grips, or camera operators involved, and the only special effects budget -- if any -- is the cost of a handful of Photoshops. Moffat could scatter a dozen different ideas for misdirection over a single dinner with a cheaply paid co-conspirator, and it's off to the races.

I've often wondered why the big franchises don't employ misdirection more often, and the only credible downside I've ever encountered is the suggestion that someone in PR might get testy if bad ideas create a negative buzz.