View Single Post
Old May 9 2013, 03:27 PM   #746
Captain Atkin
Commander

Re: Janeway's Decision to Kill Tuvix

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Atkin, the Borg has assimilated hundreds of Starfleet vessels, and dozens of neutral Zone outposts, & they had downloaded detailed databases and copied the minds and souls of MANY Starfleet Captains.

Been there, done that.

One person is not a civilization, and neither is one Starship.

Do you remember what Janeway's plan was before she teamed up with Borg to stop 8472?

To slink through Borg Space for 10 YEARS and hope that the Collective didn't notice her.

Either I'm right, and slinking is a possibility or Janeway was in some serious denial about how the next decade of her life wasn't going to be spent mostly as a Borg Drone.

The Borg let armed commandos wander through their ships who are up to nary no good.

Have you every tried to pick a fight with a hippy?

Too stoned to give a crap?
In "I, Borg", it was said the the collective do not assimilate individuals. This is generally true, but we have seen instances where the Borg did assimilate individuals. Voyager is 'a collective' of aliens, and they do have technology that the Borg would be interested in assimilating. The Borg do attack and assimilate starships. Voyager was an advanced starship, so I don't think it is a case of "been there, done that". Starfleet is viewed as a threat by the Borg Queen, so I don't doubt for a second that she would assimilate a Starfleet vessel that was flying around in the Delta Quadrant. If the Borg assessed and determined that Voyager's biological and/or technological distinctiveness was worthy of being added to the Collective's perfection, they would assimilate them in a heartbeat.

When the USS Raven was first detected by a Borg vessel it was disregarded by them. When the Raven was detected a second time, 7 of 9's father had developed technologies that could elude the Borg's sensors, making them a more worthy target. Even though there was just 3 people onboard the small ship, they were all assimilated. Voyager developed new technologies during their travels through the Delta Quadrant, so that would make them desirable for assimiliation too.

As for Janeway's plan to slink through Borg space, hoping not to get detected... well... let's just say that Janeway made a lot of questionable decisions over the course of the series. Case in point: killing Tuvix.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote