View Single Post
Old May 9 2013, 03:02 PM   #152
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
Every time RDJ asks for more money to appear in a sequel, the people at Marvel Studios die a little inside!

Robert Downey Jr even said that he might be considered a "Strategic cost"

GQ asked Downey about THR's $50 million number, with the publication reporting Downey smiled broadly and answered "yeah" when asked if that was about right.

"Isn't that crazy?" he said. "They're so pissed. I can't believe it. I'm what's known as a 'strategic cost.'"
That sounds so Tony Stark LOL

I can just imagine Marvel executives pulling their hair out. He has them in a frenzy

Executives- He said yes?!? Can we even afford him?!

Executive 2- I don't know!

*jumps out of a window*

I don't get studio thinking.

Pay your top franchise star big bucks and have anything between a guaranteed profitable to insanely successful movie or risk everything by getting a cheaper replacement and hope for the best.

Marvel got very lucky they chose RDJ (though he was always a blast to watch pre Iron Man) and jumpstarted his career again so why mess with the formula?

Yes.. 50 million sounds like a lot but if it gets you an additional 200-300 million i'd call that a good deal.