View Single Post
Old May 9 2013, 02:41 PM   #745
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Janeway's Decision to Kill Tuvix

The say he was a creep because Kes felt Molested because he loved her like Neelix did and she didn't reciprocate... That sounds like they're gearing up for a rape story. She's being fickle and he's being entitled it's a volatile mix.

If he had forced himself on the little girl, legally I'm assuming that Tuvix would be forced to serve jail time? Although if there's no mental illness in the future, then maybe there's no rape so all the laws against rape have fallen into disrepair.

But my point is

A. Tuvix deserves death for forcing himself on Kes.
B. Tuvix Deserves ten years in the brig, so A he's allowed to disintergrate into his components, or B he's not allowed to split into Tuvok and Neelix as it's seen as a clever jail break, or C Janeway still forces the split, and afterwards Neelix and Tuvok both have to serve half of Tuvixes sentence of their conviction.

Hmmm...

ANKARI: They say they want the humans to die.
TUVOK: A difficult place to start a negotiation.
JANEWAY: Will they understand me?
ANKARI: Yes.
JANEWAY: We didn't do this to you. We're trying to stop the humans who did.
ANKARI: They don't believe you would harm your own kind.
JANEWAY: We have rules for behaviour. The Equinox has broken those rules by killing your species. It's our duty to stop them.
ANKARI: Give us the Equinox. Give us the Equinox! They insist on destroying the ones who are responsible.
TUVOK: We will punish them according to our own rules. They will be imprisoned. They will lose their freedom.
JANEWAY: All right! If you stop your attacks, I'll deliver the Equinox to you!.
TUVOK: Captain.
JANEWAY: I know what I'm doing, Tuvok.
TUVOK: These beings would destroy Captain Ransom and his crew.
JANEWAY: What's their answer?
TUVOK: Your behaviour is irrational. We could find another solution.
JANEWAY: I've already confined my first Officer to quarters. Would you like to join him? Well?
ANKARI: They agree,
Look at this.

Tuvok and Janeway in a serious disagreement about whether she should or should not murder Ransom.

Wow!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote