Just got back from seeing it.
- Better than the last one, which I rather disliked.
- The 3D was used really effectively; not just tacked on, and not thrown at you.
- The bald guy from the bridge needs to be in the next film!
- Kirk made some damn stupid decisions (some thankfully circumvented by his crew, but they didn't reflect well on him) and still doesn't impress as a leader. Then again, Cumberbatch's demise was brought about by the most bloody obvious trick imaginable.
- There were some gaps in logic, liberties taken with time/distance and inconsistencies with canon, but then the same could be said for Wrath of Khan.
- Speaking of Wrath of Khan, that was the part which really bugged me. I was not sure whether to roll my eyes or burst out laughing when that particular scene at the end started and it just got worse - particularly when the cheat out of it was all too damned obvious. It took me completely out of the film.
Overall quite good, but the fanwank at the end dragged it down.
Kim: I'm detecting some weird technobabble.
Janeway: A possibly dangerous anomaly that we know nothing about?
Kim: Yeah. I suppose we should steer clear.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.