View Single Post
Old May 9 2013, 12:37 PM   #1237
stargirl
Fleet Captain

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Chu'lak wrote: View Post

Can you paraphrase Kirks speech at the end? Is it "Risk is our business" cool or "I once saw a gazelle learn to run" lame?
Ahh, I'm terrible at remembering quotes straight after only seeing something once but - I didn't think it was too lame ? (definitely not 'gazelle' lame, lol)...
This is really spoilery so don't read if you don't want the final bit spoiled (even though I may be recalling it inaccurately):
What he said, from what I can remember, was basically: 'I've realised, when fighting evil/hate, we can become evil/hate. We should try to prevent that. Our friend and commander, Christopher Pike, once told me the speech [for something - a ship christening maybe?] and I'd like to read that now. [cut to a shot of the Enterprise] These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise, it's 5 year mission...' etc.

Idk, it was definitely a bit cheesy but hey, it had the star trek music and lovely shots of the enterprise and I forgave it everything because... I just really love star trek I guess haha. I don't think it was that bad overall (but I didn't realise it was something people had been complaining about! I guess I just found the previous ripped-straight-from-wok scenes (and the whitewashing) more noticeable and memorable as something to complain about)
stargirl is offline   Reply With Quote