View Single Post
Old May 8 2013, 10:44 PM   #198
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
ATimson wrote: View Post
Not even to fit, necessarily, but also to pay for them. (The BOBW features weren't created until after the separate disc release existed, per interviews on... TrekCore?... with the people behind the new special features.)
Precisely. We'd never have a 30 MINUTE retrospect from BOBW, a dedicated Gag Reel or an Audio Commentary if the single-disc wasn't commissioned. It gave the team a new budget to work with to CREATE new VAM.

Plus - it's a wonderful introduction for people who haven't seen the season sets or can't afford them yet.
But I thought the season sets were suppose to be the definitive sets? I can't believe they were going to do them without material about the episodes considered to be TNG's defining moment.

I mean, it's ludicrous that they were planning to do a commentary track for Booby Trap but not for The Best of Both Worlds. I have no proof, but I imagine many of those features would've been on the seasons three/four set if not for the idea to squeeze Trek fans for a little bit more.

Went to Wal-Mart today and there were no season three sets and six copies of BOBW. I talked to the associate and he said the only copy he had sold so far was the one he sold to me last week...