View Single Post
Old May 8 2013, 06:57 PM   #5909
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Aldo wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
As much as I'll give Snyder credit for working on a Watchmen movie that actually made the story something i could get through...
No wonder you don't like Nolan's Batman films, you have an aversion to quality stories. It's OK, I'm sure it will just be a phase and you'll be able to enjoy quality storytelling again.
Yes, because disliking one story means I hate all "good" stuff. I guess the fact that I really like the majority of Alan Moore's other comic stuff that I've read (V for Vendetta, The Killing Joke, The League of Extrodinary Gentlemen, Top 10) doesn't matter, because I dislike one of his more popular works .

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Didn't the Byrne/Post Crisis Superman do some wandering before donning the cape? I think he and Bruce Wayne even "wandered" into the same place once.

Yup. Ma Kent even kept a scrapbook of disasters that didn't quite happen--Clark acting as a guardian angel even pre-Superman. A scrapbook that caused some trouble when Lex Luthor came sniffing into the connection between Superman and Clark.
Ugh. I really like John Byrne, but his Superman origin seems like something I wouldn't be interested in. I'll stick to his Marvel work.

Also, just because it was mentioned earlier as something I needed to watch before saying I truely hate Nolan , I watched Inception yesterday. While I may be very stubborn sometimes, but i'm not going to lie. I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best movie ever, but by how I rate movies its a solid 8 out of 10. I liked the concept, the characters were done well, and it had some cool visuals and action. The very end scene was really annoying (it was unneeded ambiguity at that point, personally I go with the ending being real) and it had a few other flaws but besides that it was entertaining from beginning to end, and even had a twist with the main character and his wife that I actually took me by surprise. Not perfect, but a good movie I'd watch again. So, Nolan's 1 for 5 with me. I guess this does mean its technically possible for him to be involved in a good Superman movie, but one success doesn't mean I'm a Nolan fan, or that I'll forget his horrible stuff. I do plan to watch Memento next, just to see if its any good.

So, there you go. I still think Man of steel will suck, but I guess I have to admit it is possible it may be good.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote