View Single Post
Old May 8 2013, 06:33 PM   #12
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: All right, all you JJ-haters! Put your money where your mouth is!

Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
Let's hear it! You're sick of Abrams, Kurtzman, Orci and Lindelof, let's hear YOUR ideas! You claim you can do better, Paramount is listening! Don't be shy!
Not everyone who criticizes Abrams is saying he/she can do better. Even if one admits to not being able to do any better, one is still free to criticize.

I like Abrams and Lindelof's TV work. Loved Lost. I don't really think much of the new Trek. I'm looking forward to the new film not because it's Star Trek, but because it stars Benedict Cumberbatch.

I just wish Star Trek would aim for something a little higher than big dumb flashy Hollywood shoot-'em-ups. The dumbing down of Star Trek happened long before JJ Abrams took the reigns, but that doesn't mean Abrams shouldn't strive for something better.

What I'd like to see from Star Trek would be a reboot which is honest about being a reboot -- no silly time travel plot to try and justify its existence. Just reboot the show and come up with more imaginative stories.