View Single Post
Old May 8 2013, 12:49 PM   #264
blssdwlf
Commodore

Re: Franz Joseph Blueprints Revisited

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post

I'd say that the fact, that two starship captains had to be brought to Starbase 11 for Kirk's Court-Martial...
And a Space Command Representative.
KIRK: Captain's Log, Stardate 2948.9. The officers who will comprise my court-martial board are proceeding to Starbase Eleven. Meanwhile, repairs on the Enterprise are almost complete.
STONE: This court is now in session. I have appointed as members of this court Space Command Representative Lindstrom, Starship Captains Krasnovsky and Chandra.
Kirk's "proceeding to Starbase Eleven" could mean they are being departing their orbiting ships around Starbase Eleven or that they have to be flown in from another place.

However it doesn't indicate why Captains from other ships at Starbase Eleven could not be used in the board. They might simply have been excluded out due to:
1. Lack of seniority
2. or conflict of interest
3. or none of the ships at the starbase are "Starship" types and thus no available "Starship" Captains.

Also Kirk mentions his ship being repaired and since 1701 was listed on the status chart it would seem to include ships under repair rather than being upgraded or under construction, IMHO.

Robert Comsol wrote:
beginning with a "16" that are identical in outer appearance to those with a prefix of "17".
What of the Constellation, beginning with a "10" that is almost identical in outer appearance to those with a prefix of "17"? Then again, how do we know that all ships 17xx look like the Enterprise?
blssdwlf is offline   Reply With Quote