View Single Post
Old May 7 2013, 10:04 PM   #379
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: The Defiance Thread - News about the Show and Game

shivkala wrote: View Post
Though, I'll have to re-evaluate it after this season. It reminds me of how I felt about Caprica and Stargate: Universe in that I didn't dislike them, I just didn't find anything to love about them, either.
I was watching the opening credits to last night's episode and thinking that the show doesn't have the depth of BSG when up popped David Weddle and Bradley Thompson's names. I laughed.

But even more seriously for me, the show doesn't have the sheer acting talent on the BSG level either. None of the acting has risen above the "adequate" level, to me. Great acting can trump bland writing, but this show, like so many SyFy shows, seems to have completely ignored this very important component. The lead actor in particular has zero charisma, and isn't very interesting, and he's the lead. He's adequate. Nothing more.

But as others have pointed out, the show looks great, better than Terra Nove and more interesting, at probably half the cost. So I'll keep watching and recording for a while longer.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote