View Single Post
Old May 7 2013, 06:09 PM   #185
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
For me, the Redemption standalone will depend on price, and extra content.

I paid 6 for BOBW and was more than happy with the additional content. If Redemption offers up another retrospective and another commentary track, and I can snap it up for 10 or less then I'll be picking it up. If the price is >10 then I'll just wait until it's not. If I deem the extras not worth it, then I simply won't bother.

Plus it saves waiting a few more months to finish watching Redemption!
For me, there was simply nothing there making it worth a separate purchase not even as a curiosity. They clipped a few seconds and gave us a couple of special features that I watched once but will never watch again.

If they're going to do these, they need to make them worthwhile as stand-alone purchases. Insert deleted scenes (if there are any), give me a 16:9 option as well as 4:3 and show me the 'Battle of Wolf 359' via CGI and bring Rod Jones in to score it. Plus, seamless branching so I can either watch it the way it was originally intended or with all the extra goodies.

Outside of some pretty packaging, The Best of Both Worlds stand-alone was a huge missed opportunity.