Old May 7 2013, 02:23 PM   #156
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude

Re: 5 year old given rifle as gift, kills 2 year old sister

gturner wrote: View Post
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
gturner wrote: View Post
So cowboys who wear guns on their hips and drive blah blah blah
I like it how you blather to distract from the fact that your "statistics" were completely invented.

As usual.
Except that up thread we have "When Wyoming's number of murders is in single digits - Yes, it is below the British murder rate."

But how did you change the focus to just England and Wales when I was comparing Wyoming statistics to the UK, which includes Scotland and Northern Ireland, and whose murder rates are higher than England and Wales (in 2011 Scotland was at 2.34 and Northern Ireland was at 1.52).

It's not like I'm shifting the subject to the gun-friendly states that have a lower murder rate than Wyoming.
I have come to realise that when I made that statement i was comparing Wyoming murder rate to Britain's intentional homicide rate. This was a mistake as 'intentional homicide' actually include some forms of manslaughter (i.e. non-negligent manslaughter) which are excluded from the Wyoming numbers that deal only with murder. I am not sure what the murder rate for Britain actually is.

The figures you quote for Scotland and Northern Ireland also seems to be for intentional homicide rather than just murders.
Miss Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote