View Single Post
Old May 7 2013, 10:35 AM   #148
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: Caroline Skinner Has Quit!

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
My personal 'fanon' is that 'The Moment' required so much energy that, with an adequate power supply unavailable, The Doctor actually had to unleash his regeneration energy to fuel it (essentially committing suicide). Doing so 'blew the cap' on whatever normally keeps regeneration under such tight control, which is why his last couple have been so much flashier and violent than the old ones ever were.
Violent?

One tries to smash a man's head in, two was happy to blow up ships with bombs, three was happy to work for an organisation that committed genocide and five was tasty with a pistol - that's just off the top of my head.
I think he's referring to regenerations. The fireworks we have now are quite destructive, unlike the old series which didn't have the flash and boom of current regenerations.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote