View Single Post
Old May 7 2013, 01:57 AM   #132
JD
Admiral

Re: "Iron Man 3" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

davejames wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
--I also thought that too much time was spent with Tony being completely cutoff from his technology and friends.
Yeah the movie was really pushing the "back to basics, cut off from the world" idea, but I'm not sure I totally bought it.

I mean, this isn't the 1930s. All Tony had to do was make a quick phone call and a private plane could have flown him back home. And are we really supposed to believe he kept ALL his suits at his mansion, and didn't keep any stowed away elsewhere in case of emergencies (like say at the Stark Tower in NY)??

Hell, he can fit a suit in a freakin suitcase; you'd think he'd have 3 or 4 of those tucked away in different places.

sonak wrote: View Post
The "comes when he calls" Iron Man suit makes it way too easy-it's almost like magic now, like Thor's hammer or something.
Agreed. I realize this is a superhero movie, but it still strains credibility to see him popping in and out of suits in seconds now, with just a simple wave of the hand. Or to see the suit magically transforming over his body.

What was cool about the first movie was you got the sense these were pieces of real mechanical engineering that could almost exist in our world. And that you actually needed a bunch of assembly line robots to bolt the thing onto you.
Yeah, I was kind of surprised that there was no mention of Stark Tower in IM3. It played such a huge role in Avengers that you'd think they would have worked some kind of a mention in this movie somewhere.
As for the suits, doesn't alot of that come from the comics?