View Single Post
Old May 6 2013, 10:01 PM   #253
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Franz Joseph Blueprints Revisited

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
Why do you think that Greg Jein speculated that the bars on the "Star Ship Status" chart shows ships being built? "The Case of Jonathan Doe Starship" makes reference to "ships in port and undergoing repair," but it doesn't seem to make reference to the idea that the ships, such as NCC-1700, were actually being constructed. Where does that idea come from?

"* R[uth ]B[erman]'s note. ... He [Greg Jein] suggested that perhaps the extra percentage 'refers to some form of "finishing touch" labor, i.e., painting, checking computer, etc' and the first part of the graph 'to heavy mechanical labor/construction.'"
^^ In the end, Greg Jein himself suggested a different interpretation for "NCC-1700", but apparently most people (then and now) didn't read that far.

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
What you probably need to do is look at the "Court Martial" script and actually find out exactly what information that "Star Ship Status" chart was scripted and intended to be communicated to the viewing audience.
Although I seriously doubt that the script will have such information, why exactly, do I need to examine the script?

According to Jefferies' Nomenclature the "Star Ship Status" chart shows starships of the 16th, 17th and 18th Federation cruiser design (reminder: before the producers settled for "Starship Class" the Enterprise was a member of the "Cruiser Class").
Apparently, we do see the NCC registries of starships of the Constitution, the Enterprise and the Miranda Class.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote