View Single Post
Old May 6 2013, 07:19 PM   #5848
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Actually, from what I gather, it's clear you don't like Nolan Batman movies and you don't like The Prestige. Memento is neither a Nolan Batman movie or The Prestige. Neither is Inception. If you have an open mind and go watch those films and come back and say you don't like them, then you don't like Nolan movies. Right now, you only don't like Nolan Batman films. So there's no way to know if you would like or dislike Nolan Superman films.
Well, I would argue that hating half of his movies (all the ones I've seen) is enough to say I'll hate any Nolan movie, especially another Nolan superhero movie. Still, I guess I could watch those, the library does have them. But, looking at wikipedia, Memento looks like it will make me stab my eyes out. I HATE artsy films with weird gimmicks, so reading this on wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:
Memento is presented as two different sequences of scenes: a series in black-and-white that are shown chronologically, and a series of color sequences shown in reverse order. The two sequences "meet" at the end of the film, producing one common story
makes it sound like a movie I'd probably despise it even if it wasn't made by someone whose work I hate, and its premise doesn't help. Also, Inception was made after TDK, meaning he's totally in TDK mode, and its premise seems very, very stupid. These are movies I wouldn't watch even if they stared all my favorite actors and was made by people I didn't hate, so the fact that they're Nolan movies with a bunch of actors I really couldn't care less about means it would be hard for me to want to watch them less, outside of JJ abrams making them. I'll think about it, though. Its really easy to appeal to my morbid curiosity, and the fact that Nolan may have made movies worse than his Batman stuff (and memento atleast looks like it may be in that category) has made me curious. Plus, I've seen a several parodies of Inception (I know Simpson's and South Park both did one) so I've been curious about it.
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote