View Single Post
Old May 6 2013, 04:19 AM   #221
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: How Far Should TOS-R Have Gone?

Maurice wrote: View Post
Forbin wrote: View Post
Maurice wrote: View Post
  1. Finally, the big fault of the remastered effects is that they frequently demonstrate that the new effects team didn't understand basic cinematography. Example: the battle sequence in Elaan of Troyius is a complete mess in terms of basic (and I mean Film Composition 101) directional continuity.
This is my biggest complaint too. Another example is the orbital shot of Apollo's hand holding the ship. Crappy composition - your eye doesn't know where to look to get the point of the shot.
You mean this mess?
http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/2x...aishd0195a.jpg

Third Nacelle wrote: View Post
I'd like to see TAS remastered with better hand drawn animation (or CGI augmented hand animation), but full CGI would totally destroy the charm of it. Some of us prefer our cartoons one-dimensional
One dimension is a straight line.
I think that screencap looks quite good, actually. I mean, really, what else can you do with a giant green hand from outer space grabbing the saucer section of your starship? How convincing can something be in that situation?
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote