View Single Post
Old May 6 2013, 12:14 AM   #111
Kenbushway
Captain

Re: 5 year old given rifle as gift, kills 2 year old sister

[QUOTE]
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Kenbushway wrote: View Post
I know you'd rather there not be any guns in children's possession but frankly that isn't going to happen.
Yeah, we dream the impossible dream. A world where children don't have access to fucking guns, a world where parent don't give fucking functional rifles to their offspring, a world where "shoot the baby sister" is not the main recreational hobby of preschoolers. Not in our lifetime, I know. But we dare to dream! (That was sarcasm. I spell it out because you are known to be somehow... naive.)
I don't always get sarcasm but don't get on me from making a valid point, even if you don't like it. You can't control others. The fact is some parents will give their children guns, most of the guns aren't used in harmful ways. You cannot stop or prevent people from giving their kids weapons. There is exceptions to every rule, so unless you make laws its going to happen. So the only real choices you have is that the children are given adults weapons or child weapons. No need for the dramatic or the extreme. Children and guns may not mix but when they do, for the most part, nothing happens. That is fact, no need to go to "You should be smart enough to know" shit.