View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 10:37 PM   #24
horatio83
Commodore

Re: “In Conversation” or “Berman and Braga vs the world.”

Danger Ace wrote: View Post
It would admittedly be hard to forgive and forget the damage done by Berman & Braga even if they did give an honest and heartfelt mea culpa (with specificity),but it is impossible without it.
Damage? Bullshit. I love the show. And if you don't like it don't watch it. Expecting that these guys should apologize for not having created something which matches your preferences is fancentric nonsense.

No artist should ever apologize for anything. On the contrary, if you work creatively a certain amount of arrogance doesn't hurt. To quote David Simon: Anything I've ever accomplished as a writer, as somebody doing TV, anything I've ever done in life, down to, like, cleaning up my room, has been accomplished because I was going to show people that they were fucked up, wrong, and that I was the fucking center of the universe and the sooner they got hip to that, the happier they would all be.