View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 07:47 PM   #110
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: 7X11 The Crimson Horror(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS

Enjoyable episode although I would have liked it to stay more Doctor-lite because, after The Doctor's revival, the gang disappears to the background for the most part. Something about The Doctor being zombiefied bugged me although I did enjoy Matt Smith's performance and the flashback sequence was pretty amusing particularly because, again, Matt Smith's performance. I also loved the Tegan references. However, the best part of the episode was the Diana Rigg/Rebecca Stirling double act. Both actresses acted their hearts out and I have to say they stole the show from everyone else (including Matt Smith).

I didn't like the final scene, not so much for the content (although it was a bit silly), but rather because of how blatantly shoe-horned it was. I really hope their presence in the next episode is because they were something Neil Gaiman wanted and will run off with. I certainly have faith in his writing ability, particularly with children (see Coraline and The Graveyard Book).

On a side note, I have to admit I'm rather amused by the whole "controversy" of the TomTom joke. I didn't get it at all during the episode (although I figured there was something behind it), and now that it has been explained to me via this thread, I do find it rather funny, but not nearly as funny as the disgusted response to the joke in this thread.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote