View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 07:35 PM   #423
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: 50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

StCoop wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Which means the Toy Fair poster looks increasingly accurate.
I never understood why people thought it wasn't, given that it was information supplied by BBC Worldwide, who in turn would have got it from the Production Office.
I think they didn't want to believe it because it didn't square with what they hoped for or what Moffat had promised this year would be -- "the opposite in fact" of a reduced episode count.

The problem, of course, is that all the other details proved true. There's a spring season. There's the retrospective series on BBC America. There's an anniversary special and a Christmas special and, with Matt Smith's American commitments, no time to film anything else.

The 60-minute length was the last thing they could grasp onto that hadn't been proven true.

The three week shoot maybe doesn't prove it true, but it's suggestive that it's true.

I work in marketing, and when I saw that poster and knew who it was for (merchandise buyers), I had no reason to doubt it because I've been responsible for things exactly like that. Not everyone else has that experience, though, so it was easier to doubt.

allyngibson.net

Last edited by Allyn Gibson; May 5 2013 at 07:47 PM.
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote