View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 06:16 PM   #210
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

AvBaur wrote: View Post
Shazam! wrote: View Post
They say "Bruce Wayne’s old money background pretty much means he needs to be a white guy"... is that really any different to the Storm's background of having a wealthy physician as a father (in fact, wasn't Bruce Wayne's dad also a physician)?
Yes. I'm sure there are plenty of wealthy black physicians, but I can't think of any African American families akin to, say, the Hiltons or the Rockefellers, which the Waynes were presumably modeled after. And if Johnny Storm is adopted, this isn't really an issue anyway, is it?
More importantly, the wealthy parents is part of Batman's origin story. It is a key component of who he is. Sue and Johnny's parents aren't even a blip on the radar in comparison.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote