View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 03:23 PM   #833
EATERoftheDEAD
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Hello everyone! I have been a rabid Star trek fan since I was quite young. I saw the Original Series in syndication in the late 80s and have been hooked ever since. We used to play Star Trek every day at recess and I got to be Scotty.

When Next Generation started airing I was a little slow to get to it but was hooked very quickly and it surpassed even my love for TOS. I had a harder time getting to watch DS9 as it aired since it was on a network I couldn't always pick up at my house. What I did see I enjoyed.

In the latter parts of DS9 and into Voyager I wasn't able to watch as they aired but the smattering of episodes I caught I still greatly enjoyed. I watched all of the movies as they came out and loved them all, even Nemesis for the most part. I didn't get to watch Enterprise outside of a couple of episodes but I enjoyed what I saw.

I am one of those fans that was super skeptical about the reboot of the franchise in 2009 but went and saw the film with an open mind. I loved what I saw and was really glad to see a new life breathed into the series and am glad that my favorite film and television series is back with such strength.
EATERoftheDEAD is offline   Reply With Quote