View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 12:43 PM   #38
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

I'd like to see adaptations of the following Star Trek novels (from both Bantam and Pocket);

The Galactic Whirlpool

Crisis on Centaurus

The Abode Of Life

The Covenant of the Crown

The Prometheus Design

The Klingon Gambit

The Tears of the Singers

The Wounded Sky

My Enemy, My Ally

The Entropy Effect

Memory Prime

The Final Reflection

The Romulan Way

StarMan wrote: View Post
YellowSubmarine wrote: View Post
Are the early bets already open? I put my money on the Dominion.
I love The Dominion, but I don't think introducing them in XIII would be feasible. There was considerable world building in evolving The Dominion into the popular antagonist they became. I'd love to see them reinterpreted on the small screen, but setting them up for the big screen strikes me as too cumbersome.

That's where I think The Borg have it over The Dominion. Their premise is pretty straight forward and wouldn't require any lengthy exposition. Another consideration is average Joe Blow will be more familiar with The Borg (star trek, cyborg robots, cubes) than The Dominion (???).

Whether they can devise a story they want to tell is another story. If a certain character in XII is still present in XIII, they might have something else planned. But, for the sake of argument, we'll say they're considering The Borg. What story would you tell? What changes would you make? Standard invasion plot? Enterprise infiltrates Borg space? Do The Borg come in peace as a seemingly more enlightened collective?

The more I think about it the more I think... No. probably not.
Why not the Borg or the Dominion? In fact, why not both at the same time?

Last edited by Shaka Zulu; May 5 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote