View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 08:23 AM   #119
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Ryva Takes On Enterprise (Again)

Ryva Brall wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
In a future episode Colonel Phillip Green is mentioned. He's the guy who purged 37 million people after WW3 because they had radiation sickness and he didn't want them passing the defects to the next species. Archer condemns this as barbaric and sickening to a person who idolizes him... yet that's small change compared to this. And the exact same concept really.
Uh, yeah. It's exactly the same. Don't you just love inconsistent characterization? That's much like Janeway saying that it's morally reprehensible to sacrifice one life to save another, and then doing it in "Tuvix". But that's another thread.

It just comes back down to... what were they thinking?! I'm sorry, but I think Phlox and Archer are both first rate jerks for this alone. Which is kinda why I said skip the episode if you're a fan of Phlox.
I know... I'm just not an episode-skipping kind of girl. And anyway, it's not Billingsley's fault that the writers decided to make him a mass-murderer.

I guess I'm going with the old "Pretend it's not canon" standby. What I was really watching was Mirror Universe Enterprise. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Mirror Phlox only murdered a few people.

I just love the heroic music at the end of the episode as Archer declares that one day they'll have a Directive to condone things like this. Oh and here's the appropriate emoticon: