View Single Post
Old May 5 2013, 03:58 AM   #2177
BritishSeaPower
Commander

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I went out to C2E2 this past week and was able to get a little bit of reading on the plane.

Finished Articles of the Federation which was really good. Lived up to its reputation. I wish there was more featuring these characters in a more "concentrated" way then just appearing in future stories. Is A Singular Destiny in the vein of AoF or a little different?

Breezed through Doctor Who 50th Anniversary eBook: Roots of Evil. A little weak, not so much bad as it was boring and a little too straightforward. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first entry, but it's nowhere near as good as the Second and Third Doctor stories were.

I very quickly made my way through Star Trek TNG: Resistance. It was pretty good all together, but it felt a little... shallow. The premise was strong, but the execution was a bit off. That said, there wasn't really enough story to get much farther beyond the page count. As well, the Enterprise felt really small in this story. We have laser focus on the main crew (Well, not really Geordi) but barely any characters are mentioned outside of the main group. Especially given the lack of Riker and Troi, the E-E feels empty. Maybe part of this is that Dillard was leery of fleshing out too much of the crew or instructed not to. Oh well, still pretty good.

I started Titan: Orion's Hounds yesterday and I'm already 100 pages in. Really enjoying it. It's nice to have a book about exploration and science for once!