View Single Post
Old May 4 2013, 09:14 PM   #460
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
Lee Enfield wrote: View Post
Could someone explain something for me?
I haven't played it(Star Trek 2012 Game) - but watched the videos. And I noticed how everyone is talking about the "not-so-good"-graphics.
Then there is Star Trek Online. I haven't played it either - watched screenshots and videos - and I wonder how Trek Fans would accept the Star Trek Online graphics, but slander over Star Trek 2012.

So, how does this work? It sort of bugs me for some weeks. I would like to understand the thought process, because I played none of the games.
Star trek online is not that hot in the graphics department either, its all DX9 stuff from way back 2009, but i dont think it would be much of a improvement to this new game, both games use old tech but STO is simply more polished and tweaked than this new game.
Age aside, I thought STO looked weak because it's an MMO, and massively multiplayer games had to deal with tons of players and stuff going on at the same time, far more than a single or two player game does. Hence, less visual detail.