View Single Post
Old May 4 2013, 08:43 PM   #252
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Re: Dallas - Season 2

Danger Ace wrote: View Post
How is Dallas: The Next Generation holding up?

Just curious as I was a huge Dallas fan back-in-the-day (well, up to season 8 or 9 anyway). Back then Friday nights used to be glorious with the Incredible Hulk, Dukes of Hazzard and then Dallas (of course once Hulk got cancelled and everything moved forward an hour I was forced to start watching Miami Vice on NBC).

Thursday nights were pretty good too. All Creatures Great & Small at 7pm (PBS), Buck Rogers at 8 (NBC), Taxi and Barney Miller from 9 to 10 (ABC) and Knot's Landing at 10 on CBS. Probably the most well-rounded night of programming ever.

Anyway, I tried watching the first 3 or 4 episodes of new Dallas and found I just wasn't diggin' it. Not knocking in anyway those who do like it, but I was wondering how it was holding up since Larry Hagman's passing (may he rest-in-peace)?
Actually, it was starting to improve leading up to J.R.'s death. Season 2 showed that the writers and the actors were all much improved after the fits and starts of season one, and they all did yeoman's work in the wake of the loss of Larry Hagman.

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote