View Single Post
Old May 4 2013, 07:55 PM   #458
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

Lee Enfield wrote: View Post
Could someone explain something for me?
I haven't played it(Star Trek 2012 Game) - but watched the videos. And I noticed how everyone is talking about the "not-so-good"-graphics.
Then there is Star Trek Online. I haven't played it either - watched screenshots and videos - and I wonder how Trek Fans would accept the Star Trek Online graphics, but slander over Star Trek 2012.

So, how does this work? It sort of bugs me for some weeks. I would like to understand the thought process, because I played none of the games.
Star trek online is not that hot in the graphics department either, its all DX9 stuff from way back 2009, but i dont think it would be much of a improvement to this new game, both games use old tech but STO is simply more polished and tweaked than this new game.

This new game just did the same thing Legacy did a few years ago, promised much and did not delivery, although in this case they simply got greedy and tried to sell a game well past its value, this game would have faired better overal if they had simply sold it at a budget price of say 25, which is what the game it is, but going for that 40 full retail price has backfired on them somewhat.

Shame really, bugs can be patched and fixed at a later date, but if you dont sell enough copies the publisher is not going to spend money on patches, so they sort of shot themselves in the foot with this one.

What i would not give to have the Trek gaming franchise producing the quailty stuff it was making during the mid 90s.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote