View Single Post
Old May 4 2013, 07:05 PM   #5825
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I don't want to derail the thread anymore, but I had to respond. I get what you're saying about not being able to say you'll hate a movie before it comes out, but what I'm saying is that there is no chance I will ever like a Nolan movie. He doesn't have the ability to make a movie I will not despise. Its not a possibility. I know what kind of movies I like, and Nolan doesn't make them. He can't make them. He makes one type of movie, and its bad. I still think superman is going to be brooding constantly because thats Nolan's trademark, and probably the only way he knows how to have a protagonist act. There has not been one frame in all of the Superman trailers and clips that hasn't shown that its just another Nolan movie with a hero who broods all the time. I realise that a lot of people like that, but it didn't work for his Batman, and Superman should be just about the exact opposite of how Bale acted in the horrible Nolan movies. He doesn't brood, or as you said act "intospective". Thats not Superman. What happened to the alien hero who shows the best that people can be, without being a brooding idiot? In the end, Nolan didn't want to make a Superman movie. He wanted to make another Nolan brand deeply flawed and whiny superhero movie, and Superman just happened to be who he got to work with. The fact that he makes the giant spider Superman movie concept look amazing in comparison to his c$%p doesn't matter to him, he'll just pull in the money and move on to ruining something else. Best case scenario, he decides to do more "original" stuff and leaves superheroes alone. Maybe then we'll get a superhero movie worthy of not immediately being burned and forgotten.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote