View Single Post
Old May 4 2013, 04:48 PM   #576
Christopher
Writer

Re: TCM Genre movies schedule...

I'm late for the update. (Is anyone else still willing to do this? I can't guarantee reliability.) Here's what's coming up in the first half of May, not counting whatever we might've missed:

Sun 5/5:
2:00 AM: The Tempest (1979): Shakespeare adaptation.

Mon 5/6:
12:30 AM: Judex (1917): First four episodes (shown out of order for some reason) of a classic French serial anticipating later pulp crimefighters like the Shadow. Not quite SF or fantasy, but pulp heroes are close enough to make it of interest. Airing order is: Prologue, Ch. 2, Ch. 3, Ch. 1.
6:00 PM: King Solomon's Mines (1950)

Wed 5/8:
11:15 AM: Gay Purr-ee ('62): Animated musical from UPA about talking/singing cats, co-written by Chuck Jones and directed by his protege Abe Levitow. With Judy Garland, Robert Goulet, Mel Blanc. This movie got Jones fired from Warner Bros., since he wasn't allowed to moonlight for other studios.

Thu 5/9:
1:15 AM: Cocoon ('85)
5:00 PM: Spirits of the Dead ('69): Horror anthology of Edgar Allan Poe stories, directed by Roger Vadim, Louis Malle, and Federico Fellini. With Jane Fonda, Brigitte Bardot, Terrence Stamp, and narrator Vincent Price in English version.

Fri 5/10:
9:30 PM: The Horn Blows at Midnight ('45) is on, in case you missed it the last two times it's been on since I've been keeping the list.

Sat 5/11:
6:00 AM: Indestructible Man ('56): Lon Chaney Jr. as resurrected criminal on killing spree. Once spoofed on MST3K.
4:00 PM: Poltergeist ('82)

Sun 5/12:
2:15 AM: The Twonky ('53): I described this the last time it was on. Weird satire with Hans Conried.
3:45 AM: The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T.: Classic live-action Dr. Seuss film with Conried.

Mon 5/13:
12:30 AM: Judex Chapters 5, 6, 4, and 7 (why won't they show these in order?).

Wed 5/15:
8:00 PM: Forbidden Planet ('56)

Thu 5/16:
4:00 PM: Bell, Book and Candle ('59)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote