View Single Post
Old May 4 2013, 03:27 PM   #38
t_smitts
Commander

Re: Episode of the Week: 2x11 "Contagion"

jimbotron wrote: View Post
Ah, writers' strikes. Responsible for four missing TNG episodes, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and reality shows.

Unions, yaaaaaaay.
The 2007/2008 strike caused the CBS show "Cane" to fizzle and caused Nestor Carbonell to come back to "Lost", where he belonged.

On the downside, it also led to "Pushing Daisies" never quite finding it's audience, and both "Heroes" and "Sarah Connor Chronicles" dropping some storylines altogether.

If "Enterprise" had gone seven seasons, like it should've, the strike would've occurred during the seventh season. I always wondered how they would've dealt with it; coming back with some episodes later, or just ending the season early and coming back with another season, as many other shows did.

You can't really blame reality shows on the strike. They were around long before that. I think they're probably the offspring of "Survivor", which itself was a product of the game show craze that happened in the wake of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?". Much as I loathe them all (Millionaire only because they aired it FOUR NIGHTS A WEEK), we probably wouldn't have had "Lost" without "Survivor".
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote