View Single Post
Old May 4 2013, 11:39 AM   #30
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Chris Pine Signed up for two more Star Trek movies

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
MikeS wrote: View Post
Hope I don't get into trouble for posting a new thread here...

I read an interview with Pine in todays Mirror (British newspaper). In it they ask - "William Shatner made seven Star Trek feature movies. How many do you think you will make?"

He is quoted as replying "I'm commited to two more at this point. Er, not sure if I should have said that [laughs]"

Unfortunately I cannot find a weblink to this interview.
Was it this one?
interview wrote:
Shatner played Kirk for 30 years. Do you still want to be playing him in 30 years' time?

Again, I think it's a little presumptuous to start talking about 30 years in the future. I am signed up for two more films, as I think everyone else is in the cast, and I'm having a lot of fun right now. But I'm not going to count any chickens before they hatch.
It sounds as if the wording for the one you saw may have been slightly changed, but it also looks like the Mirror may have been recycling material from a 2009 piece.
Not as far as I know. It was a piece written specifically for ST:ID (perhaps not exclusively for the Mirror). The interview was exactly as I've quoted.

Last edited by MikeS; May 4 2013 at 11:51 AM.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote