View Single Post
Old May 3 2013, 07:30 PM   #29
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: Your 'Not Only is it Not A Guilty Pleasure' movie/episode

I am not Spock wrote: View Post

Search For Spock. Am I the only person who thinks this movie is pretty good, and a worthy follow up to TWOK?
SFS has always been one of my favorite TOS Films. I was shocked when I first heard people saying that it was one of the "bad Trek films" I'm also surprised when people complain about them undoing Spock's death, because when I saw TWOK when I was 9 I came out of the theater with several theories on how he would return in ST III. I never had a doubt that he would be back.

SFS seems to me to be the flip side of the Menagerie, with Kirk and Crew doing whatever they can and possibly sacrificing everything for Spock, just as he was willing to risk everything to help Captain Pike.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote