View Single Post
Old May 3 2013, 06:53 PM   #5810
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

The Lensman wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Well, I haven't seen Transformers 3, but I saw 1 and 2 and I hated them, so I didn't watch it, yet I know its bad.
Kid, there's a big difference between "bad" and "I didn't like it". Learn it. Or get a broader vocabulary. There's plenty of movies I don't like...that doesn't make them "bad", it makes them movies I don't like.
Everything is relative. In my opnion, Nolan's movies are not just bad, they're terrible. Its my opinion, its not wrong, and its not neccessarily right, if you don't agree with it. To me, its a bad movie. Just because his stuff is loved by critics doesn't make it good. Just like my thinking its bad doesn't make it bad to other people. Still, to me, its bad, and its my opinion.

The Lensman wrote: View Post
If I hate The Dark Knight and Rises, then what are the chances I'll like The Dark Superman of Steel Rises?
The exact same as any other movie that comes out.
That makes no sense. Its a Nolan movie. I hate Nolan movies. Thats like saying I might love almonds if I try them in a cookie, even though I hate almonds every time I've tried them in other kinds of food. Its his "style" and idiotic way of doing things that make any movie he does something I hate. This will be no different.

Since it's abundantly clear that you don't know, let me help you: when movie trailers are put together, sometimes two parts of a scene (or different scenes) might be put together to make it seem like something happens in the movie one way, but in the actual movie, it happens a different way.

This is called "editing". And this "editing" is done in such a way for trailers and or previews for t.v. shows to generate interest or misdirect. For example, in the new Star Trek trailer, there's two shots of the Enterprise burning in orbit followed by a shot of a different ship crashing in the water. The intent is to make the viewer think that it's the Enterprise that is crashing thus generating excitement or interest.

You still with me?

So when Clark asks "What was I supposed to do...Let them die?" you don't know if Pa says something else completely in the movie. His "Maybe" might be the answer to something else completely but edited in the trailer in such a way in order to elicit a response from viewers.

Hey, let's have some fun....did it occur to you that Pa's response in the movie could be "Maybe" pause "No, of course not son, you did the right thing and I'm proud of you."

I'm gonna go with no.
So, either Pa Kent is saying Clark should let children drown, or the people editing the trailers think thats what the movie should show. Either way, it is not helping the movie, and its really stupid.

A brooding hero is not considered a "dark" hero. Wolverine is a "dark" hero. The Punisher is a "dark" hero. The Superman we see in these trailers is nowhere near being a "dark" hero. In fact we really don't know what he's going to be like since we've seen less than three minutes of Henry Cavil's performance in a two hour movie.

It's probably best that you stick to cartoons or funny books for your superhero fix anyway.
Without those cartoons or "funny books" you wouldn't be watching this crappy movie, just so you know. Not that Superman is any good in the comics right now (DC in general is producing a lot of horrible stuff). He's going to be a dark, brooding hero because Nolan doesn't have the ability to do anything else (also, bearded hobo Clark is a good indication of some angst ridden stuff, and thats definately Nolan's style). Note: I don't know if he's actually a hobo in those shots, its my nickname for bearded clark wearing hobo like clothes, so don't start accusing me of making another assumption about the movie

There is a better chance of you growing wings than you ever approaching something with an open mind.
Again, this doesn't make much sense. If I hate everything someone does, down to their very way of doing things, then its not overreacting to say I'll hate the next thing they're doing. I can be open minded, but not with Nolan (or JJ abrams, or the team of Orci & Kutzman, but thats not something for this thread). There are just some people that do horrible stuff. I wouldn't care so much if they didn't keep getting jobs ruining stuff I like. Why would I have an open mind when everything i've seen with those people I've hated?

I don't like the movie,
You cannot "like" or "dislike" anything you haven't seen.
Of course you can. I've already said it. If you hate all of someone's work, then you'll probably hate everything they do.

I think Nolan should be put away for crimes against humanity for his hack work, end of story.
Hate to break it to you kid, but Nolan has the respect of his peers. He's working in his chosen field and he's not only successful, he's crazy successful. When you reach even a tenth of that, get back to us.
Micahel Bay is crazy successful. He also has few defenders among people who aren't 13 year old boys who just want explosions and boobs. You don't need to be good to be successful. Bay is the poster child for that. Popularity/success doesn't always equal good. I know I keep going with Bay, but his similarities to Nolan and others is weird.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote