Thread: arrrgh!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old May 3 2013, 09:28 AM   #273
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor
Re: arrrgh!!!!!!!!

Not nearly as bad as some other problems, but this is now the 5th or 6th time since I've lived at my current place that something like this has happened.

I have no idea who the people in that car are. They pulled up to that spot (completely blocking my driveway) and stopped. At first I thought the car was dropping someone off, as a girl got out of the passenger side fairly soon after the car stopped. Nope. Then I hear the sound of the parking brake engaging. Um...what? The girl who got out...is just meandering around the car on her phone while the driver sits there. Minutes pass. Still there. My wife is on her way home at this point and these morons are blocking the driveway. I was going to give them a minute more to move but my mother in law needed to leave, so I went out and asked them to move and let them know that that is not a parking spot. The reaction, while apologetic, also held a bit of surprise...like she was shocked that we may want to use our own driveway.

I don't get it. They were able to move, so why park there in the first place? How is it okay to just block some stranger's driveway? Had they been broken down or something, fine, I'll even help you out...but to just park there while you probably wait for someone at the apartments next door...? Arrrrgh.