View Single Post
Old May 3 2013, 07:47 AM   #44
Mr_Homn
Captain

Re: Is Star Trek (the original series) aging really badly?

Third Nacelle wrote: View Post
There are plenty of Trek actors with great careers before and after Trek.

Louise Fletcher, LeVar Burton, Kate Mulgrew, René Auberjonois, Avery Brooks, Whoopi Goldberg...
Certainly true.

I should have clarified I was really talking about careers of regular cast members after star trek. There have been plenty of enormously successful actors in Star Trek. But the list gets far shorter when you star talking about regulars.

Whoopi Goldberg and Louise Fletcher were recurring guest stars. Both had huge success prior to joining star trek.

Levar burton definitely had success outside of trek (mostly before), although not as much as the others I mentioned.

I wouldn't describe any of the others as having success on the same level of William Shatner or Patrick Stewart. What the hell has Kate Mulgrew or Avery Brooks done since Star Trek? A small part in a television series or movie from time to time? Some off-off broadway work? Voice overs? Getting work now and then, while very difficult and no doubt commendable for an actor or actress, is not what I would describe as wildly successful. Certainly not on the level of the aforementioned.

Last edited by Mr_Homn; May 3 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote