View Single Post
Old May 3 2013, 06:37 AM   #35
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: "Iron Man 3" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

I think I enjoyed it more than the first one. Yeah, it's your basic summer superhero movie, but it was a cut above. The Mirrorball Man summed it up nicely… Superhero action, drama, buddy cop stuff and comedy. Lots of it too. If I were to compare this one to the other installments, I'd say that it was like getting the usual sundae with extra fudge. And above all, it took full advantage of Robert Downey Jr's charisma to make it all work. An easy excellent.

Then there's The Mandarin. I loved the grainy look in his initial scenes and found him to be pretty menacing. Then there was the big twist. Absolutely brilliant. It was so absurd I didn't even believe it at first. This film series has played fast and loose with the Iron Man mythos, but this one takes the cake and Ben Kingsley totally and utterly killed it.

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I remember when the first movie came out, people were wondering how they could do The Mandarin and many said he wouldn't work. Well, they pulled it off and did so in a way that's totally consistent with how this version of Iron Man has been done.

Ethros wrote: View Post
I'm blue da ba dee da ba die!
Loved that too.

Emh wrote: View Post
The falling passengers sequence was incredibly intense and I expected only four people would survive (despite what the trailers had us believing), although I'm sure the way survived wasn't actually possible.
Agreed. The landing in the water was sort of like the part in Speed where the bus jumped the gap in the ramp, if you know what I mean, but the whole sequence was still great. I especially loved how realistic the fall looked.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote