View Single Post
Old May 3 2013, 02:13 AM   #5802
The Lensman
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Well, I haven't seen Transformers 3, but I saw 1 and 2 and I hated them, so I didn't watch it, yet I know its bad.
Kid, there's a big difference between "bad" and "I didn't like it". Learn it. Or get a broader vocabulary. There's plenty of movies I don't like...that doesn't make them "bad", it makes them movies I don't like.

If I hate The Dark Knight and Rises, then what are the chances I'll like The Dark Superman of Steel Rises?
The exact same as any other movie that comes out.

All the movie clips have horrible stuff in them (like Pa Kent telling Clark to let kids die),
Since it's abundantly clear that you don't know, let me help you: when movie trailers are put together, sometimes two parts of a scene (or different scenes) might be put together to make it seem like something happens in the movie one way, but in the actual movie, it happens a different way.

This is called "editing". And this "editing" is done in such a way for trailers and or previews for t.v. shows to generate interest or misdirect. For example, in the new Star Trek trailer, there's two shots of the Enterprise burning in orbit followed by a shot of a different ship crashing in the water. The intent is to make the viewer think that it's the Enterprise that is crashing thus generating excitement or interest.

You still with me?

So when Clark asks "What was I supposed to do...Let them die?" you don't know if Pa says something else completely in the movie. His "Maybe" might be the answer to something else completely but edited in the trailer in such a way in order to elicit a response from viewers.

Hey, let's have some fun....did it occur to you that Pa's response in the movie could be "Maybe" pause "No, of course not son, you did the right thing and I'm proud of you."

I'm gonna go with no.

and it looks like the whole thing will be Superman brooding and otherwise being another Nolan "dark" "hero".
A brooding hero is not considered a "dark" hero. Wolverine is a "dark" hero. The Punisher is a "dark" hero. The Superman we see in these trailers is nowhere near being a "dark" hero. In fact we really don't know what he's going to be like since we've seen less than three minutes of Henry Cavil's performance in a two hour movie.

It's probably best that you stick to cartoons or funny books for your superhero fix anyway.

There is a better chance of me growing wings than liking this movie.
There is a better chance of you growing wings than you ever approaching something with an open mind.

I don't like the movie,
You cannot "like" or "dislike" anything you haven't seen.

I think Nolan should be put away for crimes against humanity for his hack work, end of story.
Hate to break it to you kid, but Nolan has the respect of his peers. He's working in his chosen field and he's not only successful, he's crazy successful. When you reach even a tenth of that, get back to us.

Last edited by The Lensman; May 3 2013 at 02:37 AM.
The Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote