View Single Post
Old May 3 2013, 02:03 AM   #2171
Endgame
Lieutenant Commander

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Garrovick wrote something like:
I've always thought Harry Mudd was a great character and I have been somewhat surprised that he hasn't shown up more in TrekLit over the years.

Was there not a book that I seem to think I have but have not read called "Mudd's Enterprise"???

As for reading, I am still reading "The Big Game" (DS9 #4) by Sandy Schofield (AKA Dean Wesley Smith & Kristine Kathryn Rusch (1993); and, I just started reading "Modern Strategy" by Colin S. Gray (1999). Oh, and in between I managed to read the short "On Guerilla Warfare" by Mao Tse-tung (1937).

Combining Mao's book with Freire's "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" could be interesting; but even if posting in an American context, people don't do revolution very well. Vanguards are worse. Revolution by the oppressed fringe would be a nightmare. Still, theory and practice hardly ever match.

Oh, and I just finished viewing the first 8 episodes of DS9 Season 7. Still great fun.

Last edited by Endgame; May 3 2013 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Add viewing detail. Change order (mistake).
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote