View Single Post
Old May 2 2013, 12:14 PM   #258
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
Of course, the Looms have absolutely nothing to do with romance one way or the other and you'd know that if you had indeed read the books you're referencing. It's just a strange, alien way that Time Lords reproduce, which is fine as they're aliens and shouldn't have the same biology and mating culture as us.
The hell they don't. Admittedly, it is my own opinion, but I have always felt that the Looms were devised just to cement the long held theory by some segments of fandom that Susan was not--despite all evidence on screen to the contrary--the Doctor's biological granddaughter
I don't get it? The Looms confirm that The Doctor and Susan are biologically related. It's just that Time Lords reproduce differently to us.

I prefer The Doctor's sexuality to be ambiguous and alien, rather than that of a traditional romantic leading man. It makes him more interesting and helps him stand out from the other main heroes out there.

If "The Doctor's greatest secret" ends up being a reference to The Other I'll give Moffat a fuckton of praise.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote