View Single Post
Old May 1 2013, 11:35 PM   #670
Flake
Commodore

Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
trekker670 wrote: View Post
I noticed that hideous shot of from Ensigns of Command as well, my first thought was "why is the Enterprise powered down?"

Regarding the on-screen text, without pausing it to read it, I too saw a few jokes, notably something referencing "find and replace." I think I actually prefer when the leave the onscreen text as-is rather than replacing it with something more accurate to the scene, but admittedly the replaced text will likely hold up longer.

I also noticed that the dedication plaque is slightly different than the one we normally see. It only contained a single column of text at the bottom, rather than the numerous columns listing the names of the crew members from the show.

It also painfully obvious that some of the lines were redubbed when the show was first produced.
Every line spoken by Gosheven (the chief heavy) was overdubbed - with a different actor's voice, IIRC.. I don't know why they did that.
The actor who played Goshaven did the majority of his lines right next to the water pumping station. The sound of the running water was found to be too loud and they had to dub over all his lines with a different actor because the original actor was not available.
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote