View Single Post
Old May 1 2013, 08:57 PM   #384
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: 50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

StCoop wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Sure, it can be done, but that might take time. And Moffat does have time management issues.
I agree. I mean who knew the 50th Anniversary was even coming up this year? How could they be expected to plan for it in advance? And with all those extra episodes of the series that they've been pumping out over the past two years, where would they have found the time anyway?

:sarcasm:
YEAH, cause it's not like he's got other things that need to get done first, or knew exactly who would be availible to be in the special.

:sarcasm right back at ya:

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post

Sure, I believe one Steven Moffat wrote something called "Time Crash".
Let's also consider a group that would also have to be appeased: the classic Doctors themselves. So, it's not just writing a story for them to appear, it's also writing a story that they WANT to appear in.

Colin Baker has said that he wouldn't be interested in a cameo.

And didn't the 40th, or 45th, whatever the Dark Dimension fall apart because it was basically the Tom Baker show and the other Doctors didn't want to do it?

So, now you have to craft a story that at least 7 actors have to approve of before they'll agree to be in it?

Sure, it can be done, but that might take time. And Moffat does have time management issues.

In the end, it's not JUST an issue of imagination.
That's the redding herring I was talking about. Please pay attention! Hint, it doesn't have to include all of the classic Doctors.

Mr Awe
Right. NOR does it HAVE to include ANY of the classic Doctors.

And besides, if you chose only one, you would have the fanboys raging that Moffat didn't pick THEIR Doctor. "How DARE you not include Tom Baker! DUDE, you just insulted McGann fans!!"

I'm beginning to think there is NO way for Moffat to get it right with fans.