View Single Post
Old May 1 2013, 03:11 AM   #56
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: They let me go....

Josan wrote: View Post
When you're working for a corporation, none of that matters. The only place it might is a "ma and pa shop" or an ethical NPO. Sad but true.

I do indeed know what you're going through though, what you're thinking and feeling and it's only been a week. I hope you land on your feet. I went through a period of prolonged unemployment that damn near broke me mentally and emotionally. Applying for all these "survival" jobs and being told, if I was "lucky" enough to be told anything, that I was over-qualified, they'd rather hire someone with less experience that they could realistically expect to stay longer because I'd leave for a better offer as soon as I got one, etc, etc,.

I read a study a year or so back that said having no job is mentally healthier than having a bad job. I completely and utterly disagree with that.
+1.

"...if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn't have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social ‘yak yaks.'" - Temple Grandin
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote