View Single Post
Old May 1 2013, 02:42 AM   #27
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: So it's come to this-a petition to bring Star Trek back to TV...

Third Nacelle wrote: View Post
I'm sorry, I don't follow. Nemesis was a dud, and Enteprise didn't pull in ratings.... so the Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and ST I - IX are failures?
Again, you're thinking like a Star Trek fan. A television producer will think, "Yeah, TNG was ok, but what have you done for me lately?" *EDIT* BillJ beat me!

There's plenty more to see in the Prime Universe. I wouldn't worry too much about how a traditional network television producer thinks, because traditional television is dying.
Huh? People are watching television more than ever. That's why there are huge LCD and plasma screen TVs selling for cheaper and cheaper prices.

If there is a new series, it probably won't be any time soon, and by the time it happens TV won't be dying, but dead. It'll be released on Netflix or a similar service, and if they want people to pay for episodes, they'll have to appeal to fans.
Well, that's your entitled opinion, but I don't think TV is going to go the way you think it will.