View Single Post
Old April 30 2013, 10:45 PM   #100
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: Bates Motel seemed like it's going 2 suck, & then it didn't.(Spoil

I thought this week's Bates was just okay. It was going to be a tough act to follow last week anyway.

I thought it odd that the Sheriff just concocted that story without at least giving Norma a hard time. I mean, he knew Keith Summers was dirty, and he certainly had to know his deputy was dirty, so why hassle Norma over Summers in the first place. He could've just chalked up Summers death to the business he was in. I also wish we had gotten an inkling more of what Abernathy was up to in that room. Also the fate of the Chinese girl, because I don't think she's dead.

At least we know that Bradley is still alive. I enjoyed Norma's reaction to her, it was very much like a jealous girlfriend or spouse. Vera Farmiga shined in every scene. I also thought Freddie Highmore handled his scenes with Bradley well, and it was great seeing just a sliver of Mother coming out of him. I thought Bradley was so doomed, and then I wondered if he was going to kill the dog or the guy that hit the dog. But the show pulled back.

I didn't think I would like Dylan on the show, but I think he provides a nice balance. And I agree with others who said that something is going on between Bradley and Dylan.

Overall a decent episode, but a bit of a letdown compared to the last several weeks.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote